About Andy Boyle
Andy Boyle is a bearded man who makes the internet and sometimes tells jokes. Currently a News Applications Developer at the Chicago Tribune. Learn more
- My Soon-To-Be Guided Tour of Chicago
- I’m excited to announce I’ll be joining the Chicago Tribune News Applications team next month. It’s a team of epic badassery and I’m honored to join them. Their dedication to showing their work, hacking their CMS and committing great journalism really appeals to me. Not to mention they’re one of many leading the charge for [...] Read more – ‘My Soon-To-Be Guided Tour of Chicago’.
- Robin Sloan livetweets Fatebook’s Initial Galactic Offering
- Hilarity ensues. [View the story "Robin Sloan livetweets Fatebook Initial Galactic Offering" on Storify] Read more – ‘Robin Sloan livetweets Fatebook’s Initial Galactic Offering’.
- Algorithms and journalisms, part two
- Earlier I wrote a piece about using algorithms to help with your journalism, spurred on by this piece in Wired. Now I want to cover more the area that the piece mentions: Using algorithms to actually write stories. Read more – ‘Algorithms and journalisms, part two’.